Yes, that is the one, but it doesn't include our convesation. 

Yes, I did test the parsing of the build.xml.  The main problem I ran into was 
that of the ids of the various imported components conflicting.  IE, every 
component has an source with an ID of "main", so trying to import a half dozen 
components is going to end up with Ant overriding the reference to main a half 
dozen times.

The solution to this, I think, is to have two files in each component 
directory.  One is the component-info.xml (better name?) which contains the 
external metadata (interface) of each component, as outlined in the issue you 
refer to.  It would also include the "exports" that we talked about at the dev 
conference. The other would be the build.xml which includes the componentdefs 
as now.

Do you see any problems with seperating them as I suggest?  IE, instead of 
remoting importing common/build.xml, it would import common/component-info.xml 
instead?

View the original post : 
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3872782#3872782

Reply to the post : 
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3872782


-------------------------------------------------------
SF email is sponsored by - The IT Product Guide
Read honest & candid reviews on hundreds of IT Products from real users.
Discover which products truly live up to the hype. Start reading now.
http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=6595&alloc_id=14396&op=click
_______________________________________________
JBoss-Development mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jboss-development

Reply via email to