"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" wrote : For the export functionality, we want to keep the
syntax as simple as possible.

  | This would cause the parsing as above, but would use the designated
reference id instead of the component's exports.  So the export statement is
the default, but you retain the ability to reference an abitrary input.

The includes or export is just a convenience such that each consuming project
does not need to be changed when the exported artifact definition changes.

The consuming project still has the option to be more explicit about what it
actually uses, but then that would point to a project that probably needs
splitting up????

anonymous wrote :
  | To do this, I will need to add a component-info.xml for thirdparty/* in
cvs.  I assme there is no problem with this?  We'll need these eventually,
anyway.  Basically, it will involve copying the existing thirdparty component
declarations from jbossas/jbossbuild.xml into the component-info.xml and
changing the {includes} to {export}.

Yes, that is exactly what I want. Each component (whether it is one our projects
or a true thirdparty project) should define its own artifacts
rather than the top level build. Doing it on the top level build stops
the project being included in multiple integration projects because it has
references back to a specific top level build.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3873107#3873107

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3873107