One result of not importing a toplevel build is that attributes which were
previously set on the toplevel build element now must be set elsewhere.
Examples of this are the thirdparty location, implTitle, targetdefs, repository
location,  etc.  For most of these, I have created properties, stored in
tools/etc/jbossbuild.properties.

However, for the manifest data like implTitle and implVersion, I am less sure
how to proceed.  One natural place is to set these in the component-info for a
given component.  However, when we do a release, we want the jars to contain
the same manifest information -- not to vary by component.  Perhaps we could
use http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBBUILD-5 to modify all jar manifests,
including non-thirdparty?

This is not stopping any work, just looking for input while its on my mind.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3873832#3873832

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3873832