It would be cool if we could push GA a bit further after CR2. I would like to do a big push for EJB3 final draft(and my book) compliance with 4.0.4 and need more than 2 weeks as I'm on vacation for 10 days in between.

Scott M Stark wrote:
Ok. We want the 4.0.4.CR2 out this week and the GA two weeks latter.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steve Ebersole
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 2:17 PM
To: jboss-development@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [JBoss-dev] 4.0.4

So provided we do not cause issues with portal, I say we go with a 3.2 final. Specific reasons:
(1) Less issues with the version differences between AS and EJB3
(2) JBossCache optimistic locking support (only in 3.2)
(3) Javassist support (only in 3.2)
(4) Some performance enhancements relating to aggressive connection releasing on JBoss (although this is in 3.1.3 also).

The only other real difference between 3.1.3 and 3.2 is the non-transactional stuff.

The installer/build option seems a bit late in the game considering a release next week (#1).

Bill Burke
Chief Architect
JBoss Inc.