Hi,

Some days ago someone pointed me to a post on the jadmin maling list [1]. What they are talking about are the accounts that my monitoring software have created for monitoring login times and server features on each server. Then I noticed that stpeter responded to that[2] and said that there could be a better way to do that. My question is:

Do you know a better way and if so, what is the better way?

The way has to enable the following tests:
  • login time
  • discover server's version, features and services
  • s2s message time (how long does a message take from j.org to j.net, from j.org to myjabber.net and so on)

[1] http://mailman.jabber.org/pipermail/jadmin/2006-August/024275.html
[2] http://mailman.jabber.org/pipermail/jadmin/2006-August/024289.html

regards,
Tobias