I'm waiting for you to provide your usual interjection as to how to get
this on the roadmap.

More seriously, there is possibly some work coming up for trying to
rearchitect the queue... but I remain skeptical at present!

On Sunday 23 October 2016, Kanstantsin Shautsou <kanstantsin....@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Is there any roadmap for it?
>
> On Tuesday, October 18, 2016 at 7:48:43 PM UTC+3, Jesse Glick wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 12:10 PM, Surya Gaddipati
>> <suryap...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > neither concerrentmodificationexception nor scheduling
>> > on zombie node are applicable here .
>>
>> If you are bypassing a lock, a CME seems like a risk.
>>
>> > a patch to core that adds nodes to jenkins
>> > without unnecessary queue locking.
>>
>> Sounds like the wrong approach to me. For the short term Stephen’s advice
>> was
>>
>> > For now, use the queue lock methods, when we remove the need for a lock
>> they will become no-ops that the JVM will inline away for plugins compiled
>> against current cores
>>
>> The real fix would be to bypass `Queue` altogether for these cases and
>> inline all the launching and remoting into the lifecycle of the build
>> itself. The main issue is that there are some places in Jenkins core
>> where it is assumed that a valid `Node`/`Computer` is also in the
>> global lists, which is not something you want here. You can create a
>> `FilePath` and `Launcher` not tied to a `Node` or `Computer`, but that
>> is also poorly supported in various places. So I think a larger
>> redesign is necessary. Adding a one-off method which is not in general
>> safe to call would just make a compatible transition harder.

> msgid/jenkinsci-dev/7123adbe-bae2-4a49-aec2-8826b8fc0e0a%
> 40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/7123adbe-bae2-4a49-aec2-8826b8fc0e0a%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

Sent from my phone