>thus encapsulated the API calls you are struggling with.

Oh yea I remember seeing that somewhere too. I remember seeing a commit on
jenkins core for this too.

But thats not the issue I am talking about here.

Let me summarize this discussion,

This code locks the queue. Locking the queue for adding single-use node is
not necessary.  I am still not clear what Stephen is inferring with
''issues start cropping up' , neither concerrentmodificationexception nor
scheduling on zombie node are applicable here .

I am asking if you'd accept a patch to core that adds nodes to
jenkins without unnecessary queue locking.

-- Surya