>From my POV the problem is that we don't know if we are talking about 5% or
50% :(

For sure, with any solution it will be painful for them. The risk being is
that a big breakage for them gives the opportunity to move to something
else.

About communication/anticipation it is a mandatory pre-requisite but I
would really prefer that we call it jenkins 3.0. To make obvious the
breaking change.

For me changing the java runtime prerequisite in a minor version is a
really strange strategy...

--
-----