Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback! Please find some responses below

Are you mis-matched in your pairing? Windows Server 2012 is in the Windows
> 8 family. Windows Server 2008 is the 'mate' to Windows 7, isn't it?

Well, I do not mind to put Windows Server 2008 into the list. My assumption
was that the enterprise users have already moved to newer server OS
versions, and hence supporting Win Server 2008 is and overkill. Windows 7
is still at ~30% of Windows installations according to some resources
<https://netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?options=%7B%22filter%22%3A%7B%22%24and%22%3A%5B%7B%22deviceType%22%3A%7B%22%24in%22%3A%5B%22Desktop%2Flaptop%22%5D%7D%7D%5D%7D%2C%22dateLabel%22%3A%22Trend%22%2C%22attributes%22%3A%22share%22%2C%22group%22%3A%22platformVersion%22%2C%22sort%22%3A%7B%22share%22%3A-1%7D%2C%22id%22%3A%22platformsDesktopVersions%22%2C%22dateInterval%22%3A%22Monthly%22%2C%22dateStart%22%3A%222019-04%22%2C%22dateEnd%22%3A%222020-03%22%2C%22segments%22%3A%22-1000%22%7D>.

I definitely know a company with hundreds on Jenkins masters which still
uses Windows 7 agents, so I would prefer to keep it. Last but not least, I
would not like to put Windows 8 into the policy...

If we are supporting these versions, does that mean we are testing Jenkins
> components (master and agent) on all of the supported platforms? How do we
> determine that we are maintaining compatibility with those platforms? I
> assume these types of things will be in a support policy document of some
> sort?

Ideally we should be doing so, but practically we have no capacity to run
wide integration testing right now (FTR Azure and AWS Infra costs for those
who follow the Jenkins Infrastructure topics). So, I would not tie the
support policy to test coverage.It would be a great follow-up though. If
you look for a precedent, we have such one. Our Web browser support policy
<https://jenkins.io/doc/administration/requirements/web-browsers/> documents
4 browsers as Level 1 support while we actually run Acceptance Test Harness
with 1-2 browsers depending on the test suite.

To address this comment, we could also add support levels to the Windows
support policy, with Level 1 for the versions we actually test with. Note
that it is going to be tricky for modern OS versions, we know about
limitations on some platforms like Windows Server Nano.

Best regards,
Oleg