On Mon, Dec 20, 2021 at 1:53 PM 'Jesse Glick' via Jenkins Developers
<jenkinsci-dev@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Is this mostly about Servlet API types, or other EE packages?

Servlet types and JavaMail were the most common cases I saw in the
prototype, along with a new package namespace for FileUpload to go
along with the new servlet types. Seems more straightforward to do one
large Jakarta migration rather than several smaller ones. This is
going to be a major disruption anyway, so might as well just get it
over with. The only migration I didn't tackle in the prototype was the
Jakarta Dependency Injection API, because Guice doesn't support the
new types yet (google/guice#1383). I imagine Guice will support them
at some point in the future; Spring Security and Commons FileUpload
only support the new types in snapshot releases at present. My gut
feeling is that this migration will probably kick into full gear
around late 2022 or early 2023.