Would be interesting to look at the numbers on the JVM version for only
recent Jenkins versions, say for the past 18 to 24+ months.
I had done so for
https://www.jenkins.io/blog/2017/01/17/Jenkins-is-upgrading-to-Java-8/ but
I'm not sure how I did this, I think I had still access to the raw stats
back then. I suppose we can add this calculation too somehow now Andrew has
improved it so much.

Because it makes no real sense to stall the Jenkins project forever for
users that don't upgrade anyways.