All good tips. I've been blowing away the local copy between attempts and
currently have this structure (note: I changed the configured libname from
*helpers
*to *pipelineGlobalHelpers *in the latest attempt, and this is checking out
on my local troubleshooter master right now--this is even before the first
*stage
*or *node *blocks):

c:\Jenkins\workspace\Dev-Snippets\x-pipeline-1@libs\pipelineGlobalHelpers>
dir
 Volume in drive C has no label.
 Volume Serial Number is 4456-EE0F

 Directory of c:\Jenkins\workspace\Dev-Snippets\x-pipeline-1@libs\
pipelineGlobalHelpers

               0 File(s)              0 bytes
               5 Dir(s)  249,994,575,872 bytes free

This
<https://github.com/jenkinsci/workflow-cps-global-lib-plugin/blob/1b70381dbda34e6fd9acb15b4c206e9aec75c965/src/main/java/org/jenkinsci/plugins/workflow/libs/LibraryAdder.java#L147-L183>

is likely the method that's complaining; see the *throw *at the end.

The thing that I am puzzling at is the construction of the directory path:

FilePath libDir = new FilePath(execution.getOwner().getRootDir()).child(
"libs/" + name);

That to me suggests it yields
c:/Jenkins/workspace/Dev-Snippets/x-pipeline-1/libs/pipelineGlobalHelpers,
instead of .../x-pipeline-1@libs/pipelineGlobalHelpers, but maybe I am
misunderstanding *FilePath#child* or *#getRootDir*.

There are still a few more experiments to try.