Dear Lukas,

I think I would request a passthrough or passive mode, which could be
engaged in your org.jooq.conf.Settings class.
There are certain scenarios where we might want to disengage JOOQ.  For
example, I have recently posted about JOOQ safely converting a Postgres
BigInt / INT8  NaN into a zero.  For a special case, I would like to keep
the original NaN value in my output, without removing the dependency on
JOOQ, as the library is very valuable and useful.

Thank you, good sir!
:-)
-Charlie