I see. Well, this particular set of regressions just shows how great Java's
backwards compatibility used to be, which we always took for granted :-)

It also shows why you're the first to bring this up on the jOOQ mailing
list. Because no one is really using Java 9 or 10 yet, for these reasons.

Which ones are the libraries that cause issues? There's a discussion on the
Java Champions mailing list right now, with quite a few people criticising
Oracle for JPMS. This particular regression seems quite severe, and I
haven't seen that being discussed often enough yet.

Cheers,
Lukas