Hi,

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 11:28 AM, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:
>> JOSM will not allow you to omit the comment, much as SVN doesn't allow
>> you to commit without a message. Meaningful comments are vital to the
>> usability of the whole changeset thing and while I can't (yet) force
>> people to enter something meaningful, at least I want to convey to them
>> the message that we really, really, really want them to enter something!
>
> Even if it's only "fuck you"? Because that's the sort of crap we'll
> get in the database because JOSM is forcing commit messages on people.

Yes, if the user so dislikes being communicative then let him put "fuck
you" there and be surprised why his edits get reverted more often than
others.

Honestly, the commit comment is important and if someone who has made an
effort to map something cannot be bothered to spend 5 seconds of his
time (thus making things VERY much easier for everyone else) then I'd
politely ask him to find another crowdsourcing project to contribute to.

Bye
Frederik