On Wed, 17 Jun 2015, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:

Do you understand the point of view of a distribution like Debian?

It's clear that you don't share Debians concerns for software freedom and
focus on quality. And you're not alone in that, that's why it's always
Debian people that bring up those issues, the rest of the Open Source
community doesn't care enough.

We did major efforts to clear the license situation of JOSM some time ago and also did other requested changes. But what you request has NOTHING to do with the Debian ideals. You can simply request code changes and when your get told that this is nonsense answer with "well, but you don't care for Debian ideals".

Do you care enough about this issue to file a bug report so that it
doesn't get lost again (e.g. when I give up on josm packaging out of sheer
frustration)?

Refer to the documentation how to file a bug using the reportbug utilty or
plain email:

You already know it, so why file a report and then I remember that I tried once and then gave up, so I don't try that again.

Ciao