> On Thu, 18 Jun 2015, Nelson A. de Oliveira wrote:
>
>>> I'm not aware of any other distribution, which tries to tell developers
>>> that
>>> they should not use another some open source code with valid license or
>>> implement workarounds so that packagers are happy. I've never done this
>>> or
>>> heard of this for openSUSE and I created and maintain a lot of packages
>>> there.
>>
>> The "problem" isn't using another software/code/lib/etc, but using a
>> local or embedded copy.
>
> No. The request is that we do not use it or make it optional.

I only asked if it was possible to make it optional, to quote my initial
email:

"
 Would it be possible to make JCS an optional dependency and use the
 previous caching mechanism if it's not available?

 This would make it easier to package current JOSM tested snapshots (and
 backports for these) until JCS is more widely available in distributions
 (JCS 2.0 is still at beta1).
"

Thanks for continuously misrepresenting my words.

Kind Regards,

Bas