My friend raised me a question, but I do not know the answer, therefore I
seek your answer on this.

  _____

i have a doubt.. y is tht we SM have Ash Monday and the Latins have Ash
Wednesday.... y'day one friend who goes to Latin church asked me y u SM
christians have Ash Monday instead of Ash Wednesday.... i said to her that
fasting starts with the starting of the week... and i told her sunday is the
starting of the week but since it is the Lord's day.. after midnight the
fasting starts.... tht was an escape answer for the time being which i
gave..... but.. i want to know the exact answer

i asked my friend.. if we count the no. days for fasting from Ash Wednesday
it comes to 45 days.. to which she said that in olden days sunday was not
counted for fasting.. but was feasting day... so if we excluded the 5
sundays.. it comes to 40 days....

and we SM christians have 50 days while the others say 40 days fast... y the
difference....

i counted the days from Ash Monday to Good friday and it comes to 47days..
then y it is said ambadh noyambh (50 days fasting)...

Biji Thomas / Mumbai

  _____

love & prayers

primeson / dubai