Hello All,
I would like to add one more thing.  The book I read also showed how the SM church
counted 40 starting on Ash Monday. I don't remember it exactly.  I think that the
count was only till Holy Thursday not including Sundays.  So 6 days in the first six
weeks and 4 days in the Holy week.  Regardless of the  tradition, there is a concept
of 40 days of fasting in both traditions.

Lovely Thomas/ Chicago/ USA