Hi,

This may be a bit off topic, but maybe someone can help.

I am looking for a way to automate a CVS checkout/checkin process. Also, on the checkin, I don't want to check in any files that have identical contents to the repository version - even if they have been saved with a new timestamp. This would be like checking the "Comparing Content" option in the Eclipse CVS Synchronize view.

The reason I want to do this is that I use a tool (Jalopy) to automatically format my source code to comply with coding standards. However, Jalopy re-saves the file with a new timestamp even if it did not change anything. So, I want to avoid commits of files with identical contents cluttering the CVS revision history.

Right now, I do this manually before each checkin, which was OK. However, the latest Eclipse release (3.0 M5) apparently breaks Jalopy, and the Jalopy developer has abandoned the open-source version and is going commercial, so no hope for a fix soon. So, to work around this and also eliminate the manual step at the same time, I want to automate the whole process for my entire project.

Any alternate solutions are also very welcome.

Thanks,
Chad