At 08:39 AM 2/4/2006, you wrote:
On 2/3/06 18:00, "Thomas Hicks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Geez...I can practically hear the carnival music....

I am a little surprised at the shortsightedness of the comment or maybe I just don’t see value added tongue-in-cheek.

Sorry, it was intended as a mild poke at Tim's newly revealed sales & marketing skills.

  I really believe that if you look beyond market value there is some merit to making ideas accessible to those whose only limit is time and space.

I absolutely agree. I have missed several very interesting presentations, from very
savvy gurus, because of travel responsibilities. I would have loved to have those available online
afterwards.

Since I am inexperienced with organizing speakers for TJUG, I have no idea if they are paid or not and if so how much.

Nothing that I know of. We have all spoken out of generosity and love of knowledge
(although it's been several years since I've spoken :(

If they have gone to the effort of making a good presentation why shouldn’t TJUG sponsor it and put it online participating in the revenues it generates?

I would be fine with this, too, especially if it promoted more and better talks.

BTW I not only value a good presentation but consider just as valuable the audience participation, Q&A.

Hmmm...maybe afterwards. In my experience the questions and participation quickly
gets out of hand and interrupts the flow of a good presentation.
         regards,
        -tom