On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 7:31 PM Rick Harding <rick.hard...@canonical.com>
wrote:

> That's interesting Andrew and not something considered in the
> conversations around this so far. With the new Azure provider and resource
> groups is the name of that group mutable?

Names of resources -- including resource groups -- are immutable in Azure.

For Azure at least the resource groupings should help with the
> tags/identification though it does complicate things for the other
> providers. Are the tags typically not able to be updated?

Tags can be updated, we just don't have a good mechanism to do so yet. I
think we'll want to have something that periodically updates tags,
including the environment name. We do record the environment UUID as a tag
(in a few providers), so it shouldn't be too hard to do this.

Maybe we can provide some help to the user to map uuid to the names with
> something like a juju show environment $uuid? and get name and some other
> info back?

I think if we keep the tags up-to-date we'll be fine.

Cheers,
Andrew

On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 6:33 AM Andrew Wilkins <andrew.wilk...@canonical.com>