On 16/09/16 08:54, Anastasia Macmood wrote:
> On 16/09/16 08:02, Ian Booth wrote:
>> Another data point - in the past, when we have had PRs which touch a lot of
>> files (eg change the import path for a dependency), review board paginates
>> the
>> diff so it's much easier to manage, whereas I've seen github actually
>> truncate
>> what it displays because the diff is "too large". Hopefully this will no
>> longer
>> be an issue, or else we won't be able to review such changes in the future.
> This is perfect to reduce the size of our proposals to manageable :)

The point is that that's not always possible. The example given was where we
need to update import paths due to a dependency change. That has to be done all
in one go. There are other occasions as well where sometimes a mechanical change
needs to touch a lot of files in the one PR. We just need to be sure that any RB
replacement caters for those scenarios.