Well, everything you want to do here is cleanly possible with MAAS, Juju
and LXD, but you will need to dig into the tools and understand how the
model in Juju describes machines and networking.

Last, there is a particular set of gotchas around networking (which as
you point out is the tricky part in general) with containers. This is a
development focus in Juju currently and we hope to have a crisp "just
works" story for MAAS and some public clouds by 2.3.0. Till then you
will need to be something of an expert, but if you figure that out, it's
amazing what is possible.

Mark