Hi Marcus,

It's great that you're exploring Julia in this way.  Judging by the

If you're having fun (and it looks like it!), keep at it.  If you're really
looking to find ways to collaborate, you might try to look at other
symbolic math packages for Julia, and for previous discussions on symbolic
math in Julia.

I was going to list a few packages for you, but instead I'll just point you
to this post from a year ago on julia-dev, which has pointers to 6 other
symbolic math packages:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/julia-dev/NTfS9fJuIcE/qmRK38exjooJ

That discussion, itself, also might be of interest.

Cheers,
   Kevin