Yeah enabling packages to become custom interpreters without macros
would be fantastic.

Speaking of macros, is there an ETA on when macros will be usable in
local scope (without launching a new julia instance)?

Also, since you are an expert on the internals of julia, maybe you
could kindly find time to glance over the internals of Equations and
see if there are any glaring misconceptions?