On Wednesday, September 23, 2015 at 11:21:16 PM UTC, Simon Danisch wrote:

> Hi,
> you want to try out GPU accelerated ray tracing? You want some quick and
> easy start for GPU accelerated fractal rendering?
> You can do this quite easily now!
> ShaderToy <https://github.com/SimonDanisch/ShaderToy.jl> allows you to
> only specify a fragmentshader, which is an OpenGL program which can execute
> arbitrary code per pixel(fragment).
> Its based on GLVisualize and basically the Julia native version of:
> https://www.shadertoy.com/
> I copied a few examples to get you started. Just click on the gifs in the
> README to see the fragment shader that produced the image.
> The installation is still a little bit wonky, but should mostly work if
> the script executes without error.
> If it doesn't work, please open an issue. This will help me to make the
> release of GLPlot and GLVisualize a lot smoother!

Very cool. I wander how it compares to the ray tracer in the K language (or
the other examples), with the trivial 7 lines of code:
http://www.ffconsultancy.com/languages/ray_tracer/

Or..:

a simple ray tracer in PHP
http://quaxio.com/raytracer/
"in PHP (around 1500 lines of code). The code is open source and available
on my github."

--
Palli.