Ah, I should have been clearer. I just want to hide the prompt temporarily.

The complete setup is slightly more complicated, but you can imagine just the
following: start a normal julia REPL. Then include a file that will start a
server listening on some socket. This server is all async, so as soon as the
server is started, the prompt appears again and one can use this REPL window in
the normal way. Now some other process connects to the socket, and sends some
code that this server will eval. Before the server evals this code, I would
like it to switch off the prompt, then eval the code, then switch the prompt on
again.

The setup is that VS Code starts a new julia process, and shows the normal
julia REPL in a terminal emulation within VS Code. This instance is running the
server I just described. The julia VS Code extension that will send code to
this REPL window if a user hits Ctrl+Enter in any of the open editor windows.

Not sure this is much clearer, let me know if you need more info!

Best,

David