it seems like some of the client.jl code

   https://github.com/JuliaLang/julia/blob/master/base/client.jl

should provide the foundation ...

maybe something around active_repl_backend or some active_repl
switching.

also from code comments:

atreplinit(f)
Register a one-argument function to be called before the REPL interface is
initialized in
interactive sessions; this is useful to customize the interface.

hopefully, helpful in the slightest ...

On Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 2:51:35 PM UTC-8, David Anthoff wrote:

> That deletes everything, but really I just want to hide the current prompt.

<SNIP>