Michael's previous post was an excellent one. I agree that it would be
a good thing to fix some bugs before we get out another release of
OpenJUMP. Having said that, I doubt Stefan and I will have the time to
prioritize the bug list. Even if we did, I doubt we would no which
bugs were the most important, and which developers would be the best
to assign the bugs to.

I would suggest this scenario as an alternative:

Each OJ programmer that is willing to help select two (2) bugs from
the list that they feel comfortable investigating. Even if we just had
Larry, Michael, Stefan, Andreas and myself we could potentially squish
10 bugs. Let's give ourself a month to reach this goal. We can freeze
the commit of new features during this time. If one person finishes
his two (2) bugs early, he can help others squish there bugs.

If this scenario plays out well we could have a new release of OJ with
10 fewer bugs by the end of the year!

Of course, the holiday season tends to be busy for everyone, so maybe
we move this to January instead.

Any thoughts?

Landon