On Jan 8, 2010, at 2:35 PM, Richard A Steenbergen wrote:
I definitely recall seeing a note about support for FPC non-E's being
removed in one of the release notes, but I THINK (don't quote me here,
I'm going by vague memory) it was specifically talking about M20. The
only gear I still have with 1GE PICs is a couple old M10s, and they
seem
to be working ok (for some definition of ok, where they won't take a
full table without constantly crapping out even with FEB DRAM
upgrades)
on a FEB non-E running 9.5R3.
On our ancient M20s, each successive version after 9.0 required more
resources on non-E FPCs. 9.5 still worked with non-E FPCs, but you
were very limited on what combination of PICs you had on the same FPC.
On the 8.x series, we could do a GigE, Tunnel, T1, and 4xFE PIC
together. By the time we hit 9.5, I couldn't get more than two
different PIC types on the same non-E FPC.
The message when doing the upgrade makes it sound like it won't work
at all, but it seemed to (as well as any M20 does now), but if you did
too much mix-and-match on the same FPC, you'd either get some PICs not
starting up or the FPC would crash as it came up.
-- Kevin
_______________________________________________
juniper-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/juniper-nsp