Hello, i have tried exploiting this on various junos version (8.2, 8.5, 9.2), all of them crashed immediatly at tcp_input() and rebooted after dumping the core.
However 7.4 seems to be not vulnerable. Atleast the version i have here (7.4I20071211_1225_pgoyette) is not affected. Therefor i guess everything below this (atleast) is not vulnerable...that would explain why juniper had 6.x removed from the advisory on vulnerable releases. (But 7.x is still listed...). I still have 6.x somewhere...if anyone is interessted i can try this on a spare unit. One more thing: I was able to firewall this on all releases. So ACL's do work for some extend. Also you need an open port for this to work (BGP etc). Regards, Jonas Frey On Fri, 2010-01-08 at 17:41, Florian Weimer wrote: > * Barry Greene: > > > The information is in the security advisory. > > Are the PSNs the security advisory you are referring to? > > I didn't see a security advisory as such, and I'm wondering if I'm > missing anything. _______________________________________________ juniper-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/juniper-nsp

