Thanks for sharing this example notebook and the blog post. Very well done. If
anyone knows the authors, this would make an interesting conference talk.

**Carol Willing**

Research Software Engineer, Project Jupyter

Cal Poly San Luis Obispo

Director, Python Software Foundation

Strengths: Empathy, Relator, Ideation, Strategic, Learner

Sent from [Nylas N1](https://link.nylas.com/link/68p140bimyedpd78wkdi7pwew
/local-c7e06eb3-9730/0?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fnylas.com%2Fn1%3Fref%3Dn1&r=anVw
eXRlckBnb29nbGVncm91cHMuY29t), the extensible, open source mail
client.![](https://link.nylas.com/open/68p140bimyedpd78wkdi7pwew/local-
c7e06eb3-9730?r=anVweXRlckBnb29nbGVncm91cHMuY29t)

On Dec 1 2016, at 4:21 am, Thomas Kluyver <tak...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We have many, many examples of notebooks in use now, but this one still
struck me as a great example of something with an immediate practical impact:

[https://blog.data.gov.sg/how-we-caught-the-circle-line-rogue-train-with-data-
79405c86ab6a#.v48zug54c](https://blog.data.gov.sg/how-we-caught-the-circle-
line-rogue-train-with-data-
79405c86ab6a#.v48zug54c&r=anVweXRlckBnb29nbGVncm91cHMuY29t)

emergency stops caused by signal failures. Data analysis in a notebook
revealed that a particular train was interfering with other trains'
communications. The operator pulled it out of service, and people could
commute happily again.

> \--
email to [jupyter+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com](mailto:jupyter+unsubscribe@goo
glegroups.com).
To post to this group, send email to
[jupyter@googlegroups.com](mailto:jupyter@googlegroups.com).
[https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jupyter/CAOvn4qiT8aobF6VOGGJv3T-LP_FBc0KwRs
SgMM7_WHLnaAqVEw%40mail.gmail.com](https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jupyter
/CAOvn4qiT8aobF6VOGGJv3T-LP_FBc0KwRsSgMM7_WHLnaAqVEw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medi
um=email&utm_source=footer&r=anVweXRlckBnb29nbGVncm91cHMuY29t).
ogle.com/d/optout&r=anVweXRlckBnb29nbGVncm91cHMuY29t).