At one point I played with a notebook -> medium post converter, but
the Medium API was pretty limited. More specifically, it was pretty
tough to format cells with multiple outputs in a manner that was in
any way reasonable. I think they also don't have any support for
LaTeX.

However, if you have really simple notebooks that lack these
complications, I don't think it was very difficult to do this. Here is
a rough sketch:

* Use nbconvert to convert a notebook to HTMl or markdown
* Use the Medium Python API to upload it:

https://github.com/Medium/medium-sdk-python

Cheers,

Brian

On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 3:22 PM, John Lam <j...@iunknown.com> wrote:
> Perhaps I'm missing something here, but while the authors claim they used a
> notebook to do the computations, what I saw at the end of the link was a
> Medium post. It seems to me like what they did was manually convert their
> Jupyter notebook into a Medium post, which was probably a lot of work.
>
> Is there some way of easily taking a Jupyter notebook and just publishing its
> HTML as a fragment that could be embedded in a Medium post, and with an
> accompanying link to the .ipynb file (or better yet to where the .ipynb file
> is hosted in an Azure Notebook service library?)
>
> Would love to see something like this happen. Please let me know what we can
> / should do to make this happen.
>
> Thx!
> -John (PM on the Azure Notebook Service).
>
> --

Brian E. Granger
Associate Professor of Physics and Data Science
@ellisonbg on Twitter and GitHub
bgran...@calpoly.edu and elliso...@gmail.com