On August 22, 2018 2:28:00 PM HST, Sean Greenslade <s...@seangreenslade.com>
wrote:
>On August 20, 2018 7:07:53 AM PDT, "David B. Alexander"
><planetthoug...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>I agree that it should be possible to move email from Trash to any
>>other
>>folder. This is how every other email client I have used, functions.
>>Similarly, you can "Restore" from the Microsoft Recycle Bin. This
>>should
>>have nothing to do with whether the setup is IMAP or POP; it is a
>>function
>>of the K-9 client (and undeletion can synced back to the server
>>automatically if IMAP users like that behavior). I am a happy POP
>user,
>>and
>>everything else works great, so why do the K-9 software makers ignore
>>this
>>functionality?
>
>Patches welcome.
>
>But as it stands, POP does not match the mobile phone paradigm very
>well for most people's use cases. There are severe limitations,
>especially with the concept of folders (POP has no concept of folders).
>I suspect that if K-9 did support moving between local folders on POP
>accounts, we'd be getting support emails asking why these moves aren't
>replicated to other email clients accessing the same account.
>
>--Sean

Could it be done for IMAP?

FWIW, using POP with Thunderbird on PC, deleting email moves it into trash. If
the client is set to delete mail on the server when I delete it in the client
and I drag it out of the trash to the Inbox, I don't think it's moved back into
the mail store on the server. It goes into the mail client's local mail store.

David W. Jones
gnomeno...@gmail.com
wandering the landscape of god
http://dancingtreefrog.com

Sent from my Android device with F/LOSS K-9 Mail.