https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=524218

--- Comment #8 from Levente Pál Szíjártó <[email protected]> ---
I like options, so I think the coloured dots are a good idea, but not something
I would personally use. I have the tray icon hidden, since I don't like it
taking up space all the time and just call Klipper with Meta + V whenever I
need it. But as long as an OSD/notification is still on the table, I'm in
support.

Here's my two cents for your notification badge: perhaps, instead of a green
dot, you could go for the current system accent colour (I see Discover doing
this for non-urgent updates as well). The red is probably supposed to convey
urgency, which a copied password doesn't necessarily require, unless it's
automatically wiped after a period of time (it isn't). It's an interesting
gimmick, but I don't think that the fact the user just copied a password needs
to be reinforced, as they would already be aware of this, anyway.

Speaking of time, I think it would be enough to only give the user a short
confirmation instead of a lingering badge. Perhaps, the badge could flash on
and off, say, three times and then disappear – enough for the user to glance at
the icon, see that the operation is finished, and carry on their task.
(Although, I don't know if there's any precedent for flashing badges like
this.)

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.

Reply via email to