Le 2020-01-25 à 02:47, Alexander Neundorf a écrit :
On Donnerstag, 23. Januar 2020 15:42:15 CET Niccolò Venerandi wrote:
Hi!
I'm working on adding a kde.org/hardware webpage. You can see screenshot
here: https://phabricator.kde.org/D26711. What do you think? ~Niccolò
Venerandi
Regarding Tuxedo: I bought one 5 years ago or so, and it is a good machine.
But "They provide you with self-programmed driver packages, support,
installation scripts and everything around our hardware, so that every
hardware component really works. "
At least back then, this was not the case, no custom drivers, the fingerprint
scanner on the laptop does not work.

Did it work on (say) Microsoft Windows?

In any case, this claim comes straight from Tuxedo's website.

And maybe "They provide custom" instead of "They provide you with self-
programmed" ?

I was going to write the same, but refrained, because in fact this brings more questions than it answers:

1. Who has verified vendor claims before copying them? The one quoted
   by Alexander hasn't even been adapted to our viewpoint.
2. What comes on these PC-s? Vendor-specific GNU/Linux distributions?
3. Do we have a process to prevent this page from going outdated? At
   least items #1, #3 and #5 are presented in a highly time-sensitive
   way. Without frequent review, this will quickly reflect poorly not
   just on KDE, but on vendors.

And how do you plan to integrate that page in kde.org?

Alex

--
Philippe Cloutier
http://www.philippecloutier.com