On 1/26/20 11:51 AM, Philippe Cloutier wrote:
Hi Ingo, Nate,

Le 2020-01-26 à 11:21, Nate Graham a écrit :
On 1/26/20 9:16 AM, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
On Freitag, 24. Januar 2020 15:02:24 CET Philippe Cloutier wrote:
Ahem, wasn't that fast? The mail you quote is not phrased as a proposal, but as a request for comments. Just a quick first look reveals at least
the following issues:

The currency units used are unclear.

Tuxedo build tailor-made hardware and all this with Linux!

I suppose s/build/builds/

All the computers and notebooks are assembled and installed in our house.

"our house"?

"in our house" means in the house/building were Tuxedo Computers resides. As opposed to "are assembled and installed in a sweat shop in some cheap-labor-
country".

Ah, English is not my native language, but that was certainly based on the English expression "in house", documented on https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/in_house

Thank you

To avoid confusion, you might say " made in-house by Tuxedo, not outsourced." or to be more specific and informative, "made in-house by Tuxedo in (country), not outsourced."

Jack

Regards,
Ingo

since the text is on KDE.org, using the word "our" makes it unclear whose house the laptop is being assembled in though. KDE's house?

Indeed

It should probably say, "[...] assembled and installed in-house." Or even, "[...] assembled and installed in-house, not outsourced." to really drive the point home.

Indeed. Some more remarks on that sentence:

 1. "the computers and notebooks" sounds odd (unless Tuxedo assembles
    paper notebooks).
 2. It is strange to dedicate 1 sentence out of 5 to this topic. I mean:
     1. Is assembly and installation even a significant part of the
        work involved in building a PC?
     2. Unless we add content describing the enterprise, readers won't
        even know what Tuxedo is and have any idea what are its labor
        conditions.
 3. "installing a computer in a house" sounds like me bringing a
    computer to my friend's house and plugging in the power and all
    the other wires. I imagine what was intended was "installing
    software on a computer".

[...]

Nate

--