Hi,

in KDE4 times we had e.g. in KMessageWidget:

  if (KGlobalSettings::graphicEffectsLevel() &
KGlobalSettings::SimpleAnimationEffects)
  {
    // do animation
  }

Seems this was dependent on the style but read from some config value that was
set through the kcm 'style', clicking "Configure" next to the oxygen widget
style.
This configure button was not available for all styles.

In KF5, this became:

  if (style()->styleHint(QStyle::SH_Widget_Animate, 0, this))
  {
    // do animation
  }

Using the Oxygen style, this currently returns false. The configure button
only launches an error message saying

  "There was an error loading the configuration dialog for this style: Unknown
error."

At the same time, I get this output on the console:

  kcmshell5(13712)/(default) findLibraryInternal: plugins should not have a
'lib' prefix: "libkstyle_oxygen_config.so"

The config dialog never shows then.

Is there a way to enable animations so that

  style()->styleHint(QStyle::SH_Widget_Animate, 0, this)

returns true?

Greetings,
Dominik