On Sunday 05 January 2014 10:04:00 Hugo Pereira Da Costa wrote:
> On 01/04/2014 11:21 PM, Dominik Haumann wrote:

> >> No, it's correct in all cases :)
> >> With the other Qt styles you get "true", which is the correct default
> >> value.>
> > Ok, I missed this one, thanks for the clarification!

> >> I don't really see what the issue is. Do you care that much for Windows
> >> users to be able to turn animations off?
> >
> > Nevermind, was a misunderstanding then.

> >> As I said, it's a bug in the readEntry() call above. The default is
> >> supposed to be 1, so you don't need a special kdeglobals.
> >
> > Ok, so who is going to fix it? ;) Hugo?
>
> Question
> should the default simply be "1"
> or should kstyle re-introduce the same enumeration that was in
> KGlobalSettings ?
>

> enum GraphicEffect {
>
> NoEffects = 0x0000, ///< GUI with no effects at all.
> GradientEffects = 0x0001, ///< GUI with only gradients enabled.
> SimpleAnimationEffects = 0x0002, ///< GUI with simple animations enabled.
> ComplexAnimationEffects = 0x0006 ///< GUI with complex animations enabled.

1) I don't think these multiple levels were ever used anywhere
2) the Qt widgets simply test it as a boolean

If you see a good reason for multiple levels, go for it; but if it's just
because kde4 had it - not a good enough reason, since it wasn't used there.

--
David Faure, fa...@kde.org, http://www.davidfaure.fr