On Saturday 04 January 2014 20:19:43 Hugo Pereira Da Costa wrote:
> The first problem is that with kf5, the style configuration kcm expects
> a libkstyle_oxygen_config.so *plugin* for this configuration, whereas it
> was "kstyle_oxygen_config.so" in kde4 times.
>
> now, as the error message indicates: plugins should not start with "lib"
> and thus, oxygen still installs kstyle_oxygen_config.so only
> so that the ill-named plugin is not found, and you get the error dialog.
>
> To fix,
> - either we fix the kcm by changing the looked for plugin name (by
> removing the lib prefix)

Yes. Why does the kcm look for a lib prefix now? Surely there's no good reason
for that, the kde4 way was fine.

> (I think it was added in the first place due to the lack of replacement
> for kde4_add_plugin)

But we can still remove the prefix, can't we? You do so for oxygen :)

> For the second issue,
> QStyle::SH_Widget_Animate is set to false not in oxygen style but in
> KStyle by itself.
> This is unrelated to the style configuration.
>
> I am not too inclined to set it to true, since I am absolutely unclear
> what this style hint is meant for. Can someone explain ?

It should be true on fast local desktops, and false on slow/remote desktops, I
suppose. IOW user configurable.

> Notably, I
> don't think it should be set to true for _all_ widgets, since most
> widgets are already animated internally by oxygen (and thus should not
> be by the app), though it indeed should return "true" for
> KMessageWidget, which is not animated internally.
>
> So: should I enable the flag only for widgets that oxygen does not
> animate itself ?

No, I think it's rather unrelated. The animations from the widgets themselves
are (as can be found by grepping qtbase)
- opening trees in QTreeView
- moving tabs in QTabBar
- dockareas and toolbars

Does oxygen animate any of that?
I'd be surprised, since these were already animated in Qt4.
What's new is letting users turn it off, via kstyle using kconfig.

--
David Faure, fa...@kde.org, http://www.davidfaure.fr