Hi Dominik,

there are two issues in what you describe

1. "There was an error loading the configuration dialog for this style: Unknown error."
2. QStyle::SH_Widget_Animate

The first problem is that with kf5, the style configuration kcm expects a libkstyle_oxygen_config.so *plugin* for this configuration, whereas it was "kstyle_oxygen_config.so" in kde4 times.

now, as the error message indicates: plugins should not start with "lib"
and thus, oxygen still installs kstyle_oxygen_config.so only
so that the ill-named plugin is not found, and you get the error dialog.

To fix,
- either we fix the kcm by changing the looked for plugin name (by removing the lib prefix) (I think it was added in the first place due to the lack of replacement for kde4_add_plugin)

- I re-add the lib prefix to the config plugin name installed by oxygen.

I'd vote for the first solution, but this requires kde wide agreement.

For the second issue,
QStyle::SH_Widget_Animate is set to false not in oxygen style but in KStyle by itself.
This is unrelated to the style configuration.

I am not too inclined to set it to true, since I am absolutely unclear what this style hint is meant for. Can someone explain ? Notably, I don't think it should be set to true for _all_ widgets, since most widgets are already animated internally by oxygen (and thus should not be by the app), though it indeed should return "true" for KMessageWidget, which is not animated internally.

So: should I enable the flag only for widgets that oxygen does not animate itself ?

Is that the intended purpose of the flag ?

Can someone explain ?

Many thanks in advance,

Hugo