ltoscano added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D7130#132425, @gregormi wrote:

  > In https://phabricator.kde.org/D7130#132409, @ltoscano wrote:
  >
  > > Just update the English messages.
  > >  More generally, why do we need copies of the system desktop files (even
the ones developed by KDE, org.kde.filelight.desktop?) Isn't there a way to use
the existing desktop files if installed? We don't want to duplicate what exists.

  > KMoreTools provides information about applications (gives hints about their
existence) that are maybe not installed yet. Back then, the idea was to reuse
the translations in the desktop files. Do the duplicate desktop files cause
duplicate translation work?
  >  Personally, I also find the desktop file handling a bit clumsy, but
currently I have no better idea.

  It may be duplicated work for translations from KDE (translation memory
helps, but the message can be non aligned anyway).
  This role (show information of non-installed tool) is better suited for
appdata.

REPOSITORY
  R304 KNewStuff

To: gregormi, ltoscano, elvisangelaccio