januz added a comment.

  In D12992#267534 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12992#267534>, @lshoravi wrote:

  > I agree in that a circle doesn't have as much personality as maybe a
  >  casette. I also agree in that the casette felt off when looking at it.
  >
  > How would something like an LP player with the E on top feel? I won't have
  >  time until Monday (finals coming up), but my gut says that a brown-ish
  >  square with a dark circle (like seeing an LP player from above) with some
  >  iconography on top could look good.

  Yeah, that could be interesting. Another idea to explore could be replacing
the green background with a vinyl record, keeping the E on top in white.
  Also, I think the E would read better if it was open on top (instead of
curlying on itself). With that change you could also bring back the clef-like
bottom and it'd still read fine.

  @mgallien I'm not sure about youngsters not getting it. There are still bands
putting out cassettes, and Guardians of the galaxy brought them back to the
spotlight for a while too. And who knows, maybe in a few decades kids will look
at cassettes and think they are 3D printed Elisa icons :)

REPOSITORY
  R266 Breeze Icons

To: lshoravi, #vdg, ngraham, #elisa
Cc: paullesur, januz, astippich, mgallien, alex-l, andreask,
kde-frameworks-devel, ssteffen, lcmscheid, nhuisman, ursjoss, mykolak, jussiv,
michaelh, ngraham, bruns, kmf