On Mon, Apr 09, 2018 at 16:19:57 -0500,
 Justin Forbes <jfor...@redhat.com> wrote:

I would be happy to hear more feedback on this from people. I am
trying to decide on the best course to take (this file changes rarely
and last changed in 2005). I plan to put something in place by rc1
next Monday.

I think the main thing is that people be able to upgrade kernels without having to do anything special. I doubt many people actually look at that file, so we just need something that covers our legal obligations. Doing something complicated to make sure the original name still works probably isn't going to add any value and will make things more fragile.