Lo! On 10.04.2018 14:50, Justin Forbes wrote:

> I think the idea of naming the file COPYING-$kver might be better than
> putting it in the versioned kernel directory. Simply because users
> know that '/usr/share/licenses/<pkg>' contains licensing information.

FWIW: Is shipping the new COPYING file
(https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/COPYING
) really enough to comply with the Fedora packaging/licensing
guidelines? I tend to think we at least need to ship the first two files
that are mentioned in it (and maybe a file that explains the "and
Redistributable, no modification permitted" part in the license field of
the specfile). Then maybe /usr/share/licenses/kernel/$kver/ directory
might make sense; maybe other files from the LICENSES directory
(https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/LICENSES
) should be included there as well. Or they should go to the docs
subpackage (btw: isn't it time to have one again regularly now that
Documentation/ and the tools to process it got revamped?)

CU, knurd