On 9/16/2016 1:07 PM, Bernhard Stegmaier wrote:
> Question for me is if we shouldn’t just fork wxWidgets on github and
> maintain a separate kicad branch there (I started this already for myself).
> Would get rid of all the nasty patching and everybody willing to build
> on his own could use this as a single source…

This might make sense for the package devs but how would devs building
from source know where to look for the "official" wxWidgets source.
This may be confusing.  I really don't know if there is a good way to
handle this.  It would be nice if wxWidgets would accept the patches and
roll out a 3.0.3 release so we don't have to maintain them ourselves but
I guess that is asking too much.