Da: Lorenzo <lomar...@tin.it>
Oggetto: [kicad-users] Re: Module Library madness
A: kicad-users@yahoogroups.com
Data: Mercoledì 12 maggio 2010, 18:19

> pcb-fpw is open source, so it would be possible to modify add it to the kicad
> suite .. seems to be

> written in java-bloat..

No, it's buggy plain C with GTK :P

It actually contains a lot of hardwired size, too:P

> The separate names for a cap and resistor 0805 package is silly

Actually it isn't... a ceramic cap has round plating, a chip resistor is an
attached foil... I presume the mechanical properties are different (indeed the
pads are different, too)

> The M,N,and L are for most, Nominal and least -- describes most compromises
> folks would run into..

You forgot Proportional for THT, too... and the Nominal one is good for 90% of
the production projects, IMHO...

> One thing to point out is these case sizes originate in metric - the imperial
> notation is approximate.

*Most* case size originate in metric:D