Lorenzo wrote:

>> The separate names for a cap and resistor 0805 package is silly
>
> Actually it isn't... a ceramic cap has round plating, a chip resistor is an
> attached foil... I
> presume the mechanical properties are different (indeed the pads are
> different, too)

?? not the parts I looked at - they are different depending on thickness

CAPC0603x33N and RESC0603x33N have the exact same land pattern..

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail k...@xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-0434

  "The government consists of a gang of men exactly like you and me. They have,
taking one with
another, no special talent for the business of government; they have only a
talent for getting and
holding office. Their principal device to that end is to search out groups who
pant and pine for
something they can't get and to promise to give it to them. Nine times out of
ten that promise is
worth nothing. The tenth time is made good by looting A to satisfy B. In other
words, government is
a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of
stolen goods."
-- H.L. Mencken