On 08/08/2023 10:58, Nigel Titley wrote:

On 24/07/2023 01:11, David Cook wrote:

You could send a request for an "openlibrary" code to be added to the official Standard Identifier Source Codes list: https://www.loc.gov/standards/sourcelist/index.html#maintenance . Honestly, I'm a little surprised there isn't already an entry for it there. I'm sure they'd approve a request for it.

I've put in a request to the LOC. We'll see if anything comes of it. They may request (I would do so in their place) that the request comes from the Open Library itself in which case I'll have to chase that route first.

Well, to my surprise LOC got back to me today and said they had added Open Library to the SISC list.

https://loc.gov/marc/relators/tn230808src.html

So we now have a standardised way to add OLIDs to a MARC record

024 7 _ | $2 openlib | $a <OLID>

And that means I can have a look at adding OLIDs to the cover art retrieval from Open Library... which means dusting off my... erk... javascript. Which means sorting out sympa so I can get Koha up to date...

Nigel